Based on applicable tax laws, Wushack will calculate, collect, and remit sales tax for orders shipped to customers in the following state(s):
- Alabama, as of 07/01/2019
- Arizona, as of 10/01/2019
- Arkansas, as of 07/01/2019
- California, as of 10/01/2019
- Colorado, as of 10/01/2019
- Connecticut, as of 02/01/2019
- District of Columbia, as of 06/01/2019
- Hawaii, as of 01/01/2020
- Georgia, as of 04/01/2020
- Idaho, as of 06/01/2019
- Illinois, as of 01/01/2020
- Indiana, as of 07/01/2019
- Iowa, as of 02/01/2019
- Kentucky, as of 07/01/2019
- Louisiana, as of 07/01/2020
- Maine, as of 10/01/2019
- Maryland, as of 10/01/2019
- Massachusetts, as of 10/01/2019
- Michigan, as of 01/01/2020
- Minnesota, as of 10/01/2018
- Mississippi, as of 07/01/2020
- Nebraska, as of 06/01/2019
- Nevada, as of 10/01/2019
- New Jersey, as of 04/01/2019
- New Mexico, as of 07/01/2019
- New York, as of 06/01/2019
- North Carolina, as of 02/01/2020
- North Dakota, as of 10/01/2019
- Ohio, as of 09/01/2019
- Oklahoma, as of 08/01/2018
- Pennsylvania, as of 04/01/2018
- Rhode Island, as of 07/01/2019
- South Carolina, as of 02/01/2019
- South Dakota, as of 03/01/2019
- Tennessee, as of 10/1/2020
- Texas, as of 10/01/2019
- Utah, as of 10/01/2019
- Vermont, as of 07/01/2019
- Virginia, as of 07/01/2019
- Washington, as of 01/01/2018
- West Virginia, as of 07/01/2019
- Wisconsin, as of 10/01/2019
- Wyoming, as of 07/01/2019
Sellers don’t have to update their sales tax settings in their shop for orders shipped to the states mentioned in this article. The sales tax settings in Shop Manager are used for states/regions where Wushack doesn’t automatically collect sales tax. No action is required on your part to collect sales tax from buyers in the states listed in this article.
Wushack doesn’t charge any additional processing fees for calculating, collecting and remitting sales tax.
Sellers can’t opt out of Wushack automatically collecting sales tax for items shipped to customers located in the states mentioned in this article.
How much sales tax was remitted by Wushack for my order?
To determine how much sales tax was remitted by Wushack for a particular order, download a spreadsheet of your orders.
Take the gross total of the order and subtract fees. The difference between this amount and the net amount of the order equals what Wushack remitted to the state.
Do I need to charge sales tax on sales in the states in this article?
Wushack sellers do not need to remit sales tax on their Wushack sales to a state where Wushack remits sales tax on your orders.
Purchases via Paypal
If a buyer in one of the states mentioned in this article purchases the order via PayPal, Wushack will supply the seller with the sales tax as a part of the payment. Then Wushack will net the sales tax from your Payment account so that we can remit the tax to the relevant state.
The sales tax will be included in the order information, and the fee for the sales tax will be on your Payment account—including the relevant order number. The fee will be summed in the subcategory in your fee summary under Sales Tax Fees.
Wushack uses a seller’s chosen item classifications in conjunction with each state’s sales tax laws to determine whether or not to apply sales tax.
For orders shipped to customers in all other states
If you sell goods on Wushack and reside in the US or Canada, you have the option of either including applicable taxes in your listing prices, or excluding applicable taxes from your listing prices and then using Wushack’s sales tax tool to calculate the tax owed on each sale, with the exception of Quebec where Wushack is responsible for collecting VAT on digital goods in certain cases.