Community is at the heart of all we do at Wushack. Wushack sellers use community spaces to find inspiration, share knowledge, discuss ideas, and build relationships that help them grow their businesses.
1. Using the Wushack Community
Wushack community spaces are public areas where sellers can interact with one another. Sellers who use any of the community spaces must be over 18 years old. To make sure that the Wushack community continues to be a place that’s safe, welcoming and respectful, you agree to comply with the following policies in all community spaces:
- Respect other members’ privacy, and protect your own. Don’t share private or personally identifying information in public areas of the site. This includes, but is not limited to, transaction details, personal contact details and the verbatim contents of private correspondence.
- Be honest and transparent about who you are. Don’t use a fake identity.
- Be respectful towards other sellers and, when in doubt, lead with kindness, assume best intentions and act on that basis. Don’t use community spaces to publicly disparage a specific seller, an Wushack representative, shop, listing or category of item.
- Don’t use community tools or spaces to interfere with another seller’s business.
- Don’t spam. This includes unsolicited or duplicate posts or links to your shop, fundraisers, surveys, social media or other promotional content.
- Don’t use community spaces to coordinate pricing or discuss fee avoidance with other sellers.
- Don’t use community spaces to harass other sellers. Similarly, don’t post content in community spaces that may promote, support, or glorify hatred, misinformation, or that would be in violation of Wushack’s policies including our Anti-Discrimination Policy.
- Don’t publish or post threats of violence against others or promote or encourage others to engage in violence or illegal activity.
- Don’t engage in illegal activity or activity that infringes someone’s intellectual property, or encourage others to engage in that type of activity.
- Don’t use community spaces to encourage others to violate Wushack’s policies.
Continue reading below for some additional policies that apply to you while using specific community spaces.
Forums is a public space where sellers can gather with other sellers to discuss their Wushack businesses.
By using Wushack’s Forums, you acknowledge and agree that:
- Your role is to help us create a safe space for sellers to learn from one another and grow their businesses.
- Your contributions help us build a public database of valuable knowledge and experiences that are available to everyone.
- Tone is challenging to interpret on a public forum and our community spaces are for Wushack sellers at every level. When in doubt, lead with empathy and kindness.
- Your posts will stay on topic. Off topic posts may be removed.
- Your posts in the Forums are permanent and can be viewed in various places including your User Profile (unless they are removed by Wushack).
- Your posts should be helpful, constructive, and encouraging when voicing dissent or criticism. Don’t harass, target, insult, troll, or call out other members or Wushack representatives.
- Moderators may take certain actions to keep the Forums welcoming, organized, and helpful for everyone. Such actions are not up for public discussion.
- You will respect others’ opinions and report content responsibly. Flagging posts is reserved for content that specifically violates Wushack’s policies.
- Wushack reserves the right to remove content from the Forums at any time for any reason, including, for example, violation of our policies, removal of dormant content, content that causes privacy issues, or due to changes to how the Forums operate.
- If you have concerns about actions taken in the forums, you can contact Wushack Support.
3. Direct Messages
Members may send each other direct messages using the Community’s built-in messaging system. These messages are separate from Wushack Messages and can be accessed and read when you are in community spaces.
By using direct messages in the Wushack Community, you agree to all of the above policies. In addition, you may not send messages that are considered:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, harassing, or otherwise in violation of our Anti-Discrimination Policy.
- Obscene or vulgar.
- Unsolicited advertising or promotions.
If you receive an inappropriate message, contact support to report it.
Wushack groups is a community feature where you can connect with Wushack sellers to help you grow your business. Wushack groups are self-organized by members and not run by, part of, or affiliated with Wushack.
By using Wushack’s groups feature, you acknowledge and agree that:
- Except as set forth below, Wushack is not responsible for or involved in a group’s membership policies, dues, finances, or any other actions.
- TGroups that do not comply with Wushack’s policies, including our Anti-Discrimination Policy, may be removed, and Wushack reserves the right to remove a group for any reason.
- Wushack will not mediate disputes between groups and outside parties, nor disputes between groups and group members.
- Wushack will not monitor third-party forums or other independent team sites.
- Any use of the term “Wushack,” Wushack’s visual marks such as the stylized Wushack name logo or “W” logo, other Wushack Trademarks (all trademarks worldwide owned by Wushack. and its affiliates), or marks confusingly similar to the Wushack Marks must comply with Wushack’s Trademark Policy and our Team branding guidelines. See below for more details.
- A group may not use mature, profane, or hateful language or images in the group’s name, banner, or logo.
- A group may not be used for the sole purpose of redirecting traffic to another web location. Wushack reserves the right to remove links on any profile page or group page for any reason. Unsolicited promotion or advertisement from representatives or affiliates of outside services, websites, or other products is not allowed.
- Groups are created by and run by Group Captains. A group must have a Captain in place in order to function successfully.
- Group Captains are responsible for moderating their groups’s content. In addition, group Captains may appoint additional roles and responsibilities to their members.
- Groups that are inactive for 6 months or more, or who do not have a Team Captain in place to moderate the group, are subject to removal from the platform and cancellation at Wushack’s discretion. This includes revocation of the right to use Wushack’s name or the Wushack Trademarks.
- Group forums and on-site publications (i.e., blogs and knowledge base articles) are subject to this Community Policy and may not be used to demonstrate or discuss disputes with other members or with Wushack.
- If a group chooses to use a dedicated item listing tag (also called a “group tag”), it must contain the word “group.” Wushack will not mediate disputes regarding use of group tags on item listings.
5. Branding Guidelines for Groups and Captains of Groups
Groups must adhere to these branding guidelines when identifying as an Wushack Seller Group.
You can use the word Wushack in the name of your group. (e.g. Wushack Greek Team, Brighton Wushack Team). However, you cannot use the term ‘Wushack’ alone, or the Wushack logo by itself in your Group name, or in any promotional materials that reference your group in any manner.
Things to keep in mind when creating an Wushack Group Logo:
- You cannot use the Wushack logo to promote your Group without your Group name included at any time.
- You can create a stand-alone Wushack Group logo so long as your Group name is clearly presented on the logo image.
- If you use the word “Wushack” in your Group logo, you must make sure it is not the most prominent or the largest word visually on the logo image.
- If you are promoting your Group or any Group related activities, you must include the terms “Organized by a Group of Wushack sellers” visibly and prominently. It is also your responsibility to make it clear that you are not an agent or employee of Wushack.
- You are solely responsible for any costs relating to your use of all promotional materials, venues or other items used to promote your Group.
Wushack does not pre-approve Group branding and we reserve the right to take action on any usage brought to our attention that causes confusion, potential harm to the Wushack brand, or is in direct violation of our Trademark Policy. In particular:
6. Wushack Local
Wushack Local connects buyers with Wushack sellers who are participating in fairs and markets in their area. Buyers can shop from sellers in person, supporting both the Wushack community and their own local economies.
In order for your event to qualify for Wushack Local, it must be:
- Held at a physical location
- Open to the public
- A limited-time engagement
Here are some examples of events that can be promoted with Wushack Local:
- Craft fairs
- Pop-up shops
- Special events
The following are not eligible for Wushack Local:
- Online/virtual events
- Art galleries or studios (unless your event will take place in an art gallery or studio)
- Brick and mortar stores (unless your event will take place in a brick and mortar store, like Small Business Saturday)
While you may describe your event as organized by Wushack sellers, you may not prominently use the Wushack name or logo in a manner that suggests the event is organized or run by Wushack. You are required to only use assets approved for Wushack Local for use of the Wushack name or Wushack Trademarks. Wushack may periodically review your use of the Wushack name and Wushack Trademark, and may revoke your right to use the Wushack name or Wushack Trademarks may be revoked by Wushack at any time, for any reason.
Wushack may take action, including termination or suspension, on any account that violates these policies. For example, we may temporarily or permanently suspend your community posting privileges, remove your community access or close your Wushack account, which will immediately suspend all Wushack shop activity. If we do so, it’s important to understand that you don’t have a contractual or legal right to continue to use our Services, including Community spaces or the Wushack Trademarks. Generally, Wushack will notify you that your account has been terminated or suspended, unless you’ve repeatedly violated this policy or our Terms or we have legal or regulatory reasons preventing us from notifying you.
Last updated on January 11, 2021